Online CPD: A guide to meeting BS 8629:2019
We are delighted to offer a CPD presentation on evacuation planning and the BS 8629 Code of Practice. The CPD is delivered online by Ken Bullock, Business Development Manager - Evacuation Alert Systems. The module lasts one hour and is free of charge.
It covers the salient points of the BS 8629 Code of Practice for the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of evacuation alert systems for use by fire and rescue services in buildings containing flats, including:
- Scope and definitions of BS 8629
- Evacuation alert zones, sounders, siting of devices
- Evacuation alert control and indicating equipment
- Responsibility of the installer
- Commissioning and handover