For the safety and comfort of all participants, we are asking all attendees, regardless of vaccination status, to observe the following precautions:
- Wear face masks, except when eating or drinking, and adhere to The University of Texas’ Mask Guidance.
- Maintain physical distance when possible based on the current CDC guidelines.
- Wash hands frequently and minimize touch point contact.
- Follow other safety protocols put in place for a specific event, and
- Agree to the Personal Accountability Commitment at the bottom of this page.
Governor Abbott’s executive order is clear that governmental entities cannot compel individuals to receive a COVID vaccine approved for emergency use, and that organizations receiving public funding cannot require individuals to show documentation they have been inoculated. Accordingly, UT institutions are not requiring proof of a COVID vaccination before participating in a university-sponsored event. However, we strongly recommend that all attendees be fully vaccinated prior to attending one of our in-person live events. Vaccines not only help stop the spread; they have also proved incredibly effective in virtually eliminating the most serious COVID health risks for most people.