Updated Travel Protocols
Makers Air remains committed to providing the safest, most reliable air service to the Out Islands of the Bahamas.
Updated April 27, 2021
TRAVELING TO THE BAHAMAS:
- Effective May 1st, 2021 those travelling to The Bahamas from outside of the country will be exempt from a RT- PCR COVID-19 test IF they are fully vaccinated and have passed the two-week immunity period.
- Proof of full vaccination will be required, such as CDC or government issued vaccine record card.
- The Bahamas Government (Bahamas Ministry of Health) will only accept vaccinations by Moderna, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, and AstraZeneca at this time.
- To be considered fully vaccinated, persons must meet these qualifications:
Both doses of Moderna, Pfizer, or AstraZeneca vaccine plus 14-day immunization period since the last dose or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine plus 14-day immunization period since the last dose.
- All persons not fully vaccinated must obtain a negative COVID 19 RT-PCR (nasal swab) test taken no more than five (5) days prior to travel. The day you take your test is considered "Day Zero".
- Children 10 years old and younger are exempt from testing. However, you still must apply for a Travel Health Visa for them under the profile of their Parent or Guardian.
- All Travelers will be required to apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at travel.gov.bs regardless of vaccination status.
- The Travel Health Visa fees are listed below. The fees are inclusive of the Day 5 Rapid Antigen Test (when applicable) as well as mandatory Trip Interruption Health Insurance.
- A Bahamas Travel Health Visa will be valid for six (6) months for vaccinated travellers, allowing for multiple trips on one visa.
$40 - Visitors Staying up to four nights and five days
$40 - Non-Vaccinated Citizens and Returning Residents
$10 - Vaccinated Citizens and Residents of the Bahamas
$60 - Non-Vaccinated Visitors staying more than four nights
FREE - Children 10 and Under
- If non-vaccinated Visitors stay beyond 4 nights and 5 days, a Rapid Antigen Test will be required.
- This test will be available in all Out Island Destinations (example: Staniel Cay Yacht Club will be offering the 5th day test to Hotel and Marina Guests, as well as travelers in the area).
- The wearing of masks and social distancing guidelines remain in effect.
***If assistance is needed through the Health Visa process, please contact the Health Visa Compliance Team***
TRAVELING FROM THE BAHAMAS TO THE US: **updated April 22nd, 2021**
We appreciate your patience as we navigate this fluid situation. All of us at Makers Air look forward to making your next Out Island experience the most memorable one yet!
Stay Tuned for Updates!